roved to 3-3-7, winning its second straight game

in Aktuelles 18.09.2019 07:37
von sakura698 • 300 Beiträge

MELBOURNE, Australia - Victoria Azarenka is packing her bags and leaving the Australian Open far earlier than years past, but the two-time former champion sure had fun while she was here. Thomas Meunier Belgium Jersey .For the Belarussian, who is putting forth a more carefree image these days, this might be just as important as winning.Unseeded after an injury-marred season, Azarenka had the toughest draw of any of the top female contenders at Melbourne Park, yet she moved through three rounds with ease, not dropping a set to Sloane Stephens, Caroline Wozniacki or Barbora Zahlavova Strycova.On Monday, though, her run came to an end against 2014 finalist, Dominika Cibulkova, in a match filled with extended rallies, momentum shifts and impressive shot-making. The two women combined for 76 winners.It was Azarenkas earliest exit from the Australian Open since 2011, but rather than be disappointed, she looked at the upside.I take it as progress. I think there are a lot of the positive things to take from here, she said. Overall, I can be pretty happy.Its been her mantra for the whole tournament. In years past, Azarenka hasnt seemed to fully enjoy her time at the Australian Open, despite her success. This year felt different — she seemed to buy into the tournaments informal Happy Slam nickname.Forget the twirls — Azarenka put on impromptu dance performances on the court after her matches. She playfully scolded the crowds for calling her Vicky instead of Vika or Victoria when they cheered her on. And she flirted with Australian teen sensation Nick Kyrgios on Twitter — she asked how she could learn to serve as big as him, and he responded, private lessons, of course!!Even her encounters with the media, which used to cause her to bristle in the past, were lighthearted. The topic of conversation routinely veered from tennis to other less weighty subjects, such as Vegemite and her multi-colored leggings.Theres not many players who can pull that off, she said after her third-round win over Zahlavova Strycova as she raised her leg to show off her white, purple and green leggings. What do you think about them?Azarenka also opened up about the pressures she felt in the past to publicly present a more packaged, less authentic version of herself.This came to a head at the Australian Open two years ago when she struggled to explain herself and looked overwhelmed when repeatedly questioned about a medical time-out she took at a critical time in her semifinal against Stephens. The controversy hung over her final against Li Na, with some in the crowd booing her and mimicking her high-pitched grunting sounds.Azarenka maintains she was legitimately hurt and felt she was unfairly criticized at the time.Now, she says, she has learned the importance of being true to herself, even if not everybody likes her.I dont think Ive changed as a person. I think I grew as a person. I think Im able to speak my thoughts more freely, which before I think I was holding back and really was trying to fit into some kind of image that a lot of people, a lot of players do, she said.Im just being me. I say what I want to say. I laugh when I want to laugh. I play how I want to play. I grunt when I want to grunt. Jan Vertonghen Jersey . Freddie Roach said if the Rios fight "does not go well, we will seriously talk about his retirement," but that Pacquiao was training as well as ever for the Nov. Youri Tielemans Jersey . The 25-year-old native of Milford, Conn., has 18 points in 41 games this season. The five-foot-eight 166-pound centre also has 28 points (10-18) in 15 games with AHL Oklahoma City. http://www.soccerbelgiumteamonline.com/Yannick-Carrasco-UEFA-European-Belgium-Jersey/ . Szabados joined the Southern Professional Hockey League team last week. The 27-year-old goaltender from Edmonton backstopped the Canadian womens hockey team to Olympic gold Feb.CARSON, Calif. -- Fanendo Adi scored his first two MLS goals to help the Portland Timbers beat Chivas USA 2-0 on Wednesday night. Portland improved to 3-3-7, winning its second straight game and third in its last five. Chivas dropped to 2-6-4. Former Chivas midfielder Jorge Villafana helped create the first goal when he ran down the left flank in the 65th minute and crossed the ball to Adi for a shot frrom 10 yards out. Nacer Chadli Jersey. . Adi doubled Portlands advantage in the 71st minute on a breakaway. Chivas Bobby Burling was sent off in the 84th minute after a rough challenge on Adi. Portland made eight changes to the starting lineup from its road victory Saturday night over New York. Adi played the final 7 minutes against New York match and made his first Timbers start against Chivas. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: republictailed
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2679 Themen und 2854 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen