of Belardo there, as he ran a promising second to Toormore,

in Aktuelles 19.09.2019 08:30
von sakura698 • 300 Beiträge

Paris, France (SportsNetwork. Vapormax 2019 Suomi .com) - Maria Sharapova is now the overwhelming favorite at the French Open and played that way Friday after Agnieszka Radwanska became the latest womens high seed to fall at Roland Garros. The third-seeded Radwanska followed in the footsteps of Serena Williams and Li Na, exiting with a 6-4, 6-4 loss to Croatias Ajla Tomljanovic in the third round. Li, the second seed and 2011 French Open champ, was knocked off in the first round and Williams, the No. 1 seed and two-time winner at Roland Garros, fell in the second round. Radwanskas ouster leaves fourth-seeded Simona Halep as the highest-seeded player remaining in the womens draw, but Sharapova is now the clear-cut choice to claim her second French Open championship. Sharapova, the 2012 winner and last years runner-up to Williams, needed a mere 51 minutes to dispose of Argentinas Paula Ormaechea in a 6-0, 6-0 rout. She has dropped just 10 games in her first three matches and on Friday was simply dominating. Ormaechea won only 17 of the 71 points played and four of those came on double faults from Sharapova. The seventh-seeded Russian blasted 23 winners to Ormaecheas one and won all 14 points on the Argentines second serve. Despite the front-runner status, a tough fourth-round match against former U.S. Open champ Samantha Stosur awaits Sharapova. "My next opponent is Samantha Stosur, whos had a lot of success on these courts and loves playing on clay so thats my next challenge and I look forward to it," said Sharapova. Stosur, the 2010 French Open runner-up, knocked off ninth-seeded Dominika Cibulkova, 6-4, 6-4. "Im really happy with the way I played today and I think its the first time I won three matches in a row for a while, too," said the 19th-seeded Stosur, who last reached the fourth round of a Grand Slam at the 2012 U.S. Open. "I just love playing here. Ive had some really great moments here and some of the best matches of my career actually. Hopefully I can still have a few more matches like this." Stosur, who lost to Francesca Schiavone in the 2010 French final, continued her mastery of Cibulkova, beating the 2014 Australian Open runner-up for the fifth time in as many tries without dropping a set. She also beat the Slovakian two years ago in the quarterfinals at Roland Garros and earlier this month in the first round at the Madrid Open. The Aussies stay in Madrid ended with a third-round loss to Sharapova. Stosur is 2-13 lifetime against the Russian, including 0-3 on clay. "I have beaten her before. I know what it takes," added Stosur about the next matchup with Sharapova. "I know I have to play very well against her. I know there are certain things I have to do well and if I dont, then it makes life very, very tough that day. I will go out there and certainly give it my best shot." Cibulkova had her best Grand Slam finish earlier this year with a loss to Li in the final of the Australian Open. Her best result at the French Open was a semifinal loss to Dinara Safina in 2009, but its been a rough spring for the four-time WTA winner as she also dropped a first-round match in Rome after her first-round exit against Stosur in Madrid. Tomljanovic, meanwhile, is playing at Roland Garros for the first time and has now beaten three established veterans. Ranked 72nd in the world, she took out Schiavone in the first round and also knocked off Russian veteran Elena Vesnina in the second. "After seeing the two first seeds go out, (I) feel like I can do this, too," said Tomljanovic. "I grew up with these girls that are beating (the top seeds). Obviously, you respect everyone, but you dont fear anyone. This year Ive been in a few situations where I was up and didnt execute, so I wanted to make it right this time." Next up for Tomljanovic will be Spains Carla Suarez Navarro. The 14th seed eased past American teenager Taylor Townsend in a 6-2, 6-2 thumping. One of the giant killers, Spains Garbine Muguruza, followed up her stunning win over Williams with a 6-2, 6-4 victory over Slovakias Anna Schmiedlova. Schmiedlova had previously eliminated Venus Williams on Wednesday. Muguruza will next play Frenchwoman Pauline Parmentier, who rallied for a 1-6, 6-1, 7-5 triumph over Germanys Mona Barthel. Also Friday, eighth-seeded Angelique Kerber of Germany beat the darkness and Slovakias Daniela Hantuchova, completing a 7-5, 6-3 decision just before play was suspended due to insufficient light. Kerber will face Canadas Eugenie Bouchard in the round of 16. Bouchard, coming off her first career WTA victory last week in Nuremberg, came away with a 7-5, 6-4 win over Swedens Johanna Larsson. Saturdays third-round action will include matches for Halep and a pair of former French champions. Halep will take on Spains Maria-Teresa Torro-Flor, while 2009 winner Svetlana Kuznetsova will meet fifth-seeded Petra Kvitova and 2008 champ Ana Ivanovic will square off against Lucie Safarova. Vapormax Ale . Klein went undrafted in the NFL last year following his senior season with the Wildcats. He was invited to the Houston Texans rookie camp, but was not offered a contract. Vapormax 2020 . - Leon Draisaitl scored a hat trick as the Prince Albert Raiders stormed past the Swift Current Broncos 5-2 in Western Hockey League action Tuesday. http://www.vapormaxsuomi.com/ . With just under five seconds remaining - the Raptors having clawed back from a 19-point deficit and pulled within one - DeRozan took the handoff from Chuck Hayes.Sky Sports presenter Alex Hammond looks ahead to Saturdays racing highlight, the Lockinge Stakes at Newbury. A cracking renewal of the Al Shaqab Lockinge Stakes is in store at Newbury on Saturday, who wins? It really is, but the rain has thrown a real spanner in the works. Newbury have been unlucky with the weather so far this Flat season, as you may recall they had to switch the Greenham card to Chelmsford.Protagonists that will enjoy softer conditions are Toormore, Kodi Bear and Belardo. Toormore is a class act and he won the Sandown Mile on his reappearance when expected to need the run. That will have brought him on and its interesting his trainer, Richard Hannon, has taken a different approach with him this season. Last term he went straight to this race after his winter break and was touched off by his stable mate Night Of Thunder. He looked burly that day so on the back of a pipe-opener this time he goes to Newbury with outstanding claims.Kodi Bear shouldnt be inconvenienced by the fact this is his first run since October as hes another horse that goes well fresh. He has still only been to the racetrack nine times in his life due to a serious infection that ruled him out of the early part of his three-year-old season and as a result ruling out a Classic campaign. He can be difficult in his races but has struck up a good partnership with Gerald Mosse.Lets not forget Belardo, who won the Dewhurst as a juvenile (Kodi Bear runner-up) and he looked a bit unlucky when sent off favourite at Sandoown, finishing fourth behind Toormore when the race wasnt run to suit. Nike Vapormax Plus Suomi. He could go a lot better here if things pan out for him.Dutch Connection was ahead of Belardo there, as he ran a promising second to Toormore, but the ground is likely to blunt his speed and he may have to settle for seeing the backside of Toormore once again. That said, Godolphin clearly liked what they saw at the Esher track as they have since purchased the Charlie Hills-trained colt.In fact, Godolphin seem keen to get an early Group One on their CV with Home Of The Brave another they have added to their string this week. I really like this horse, but the unseasonable weather must have been a real disappointment to trainer Hugo Palmer as he is more effective on fast ground and hasnt been declared.Sadly, Limato doesnt enjoy soft ground, either, so its disappointing to see the rain has hit Newbury. Henry Candys sprint star has yet to run over a mile and the prospect of seeing a horse with his ability over the trip is exciting. If a warm, drying gale (minus the rain) doesnt hit the course he just wont line up.So, the odds on the boys in blue winning the race yet again look strong with Toormore, Belardo and Dutch Connection all leading contenders. Do I give Toormore one more chance? I think so, he has plenty going for him and continues to be well supported. Also See: Live results service Full racecards Get Sky Sports ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: republictailed
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2680 Themen und 2855 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen