Winning the big game is critical." "Theres different stages of the s

in Aktuelles 21.09.2019 08:00
von sakura698 • 300 Beiträge

LAUSANNE, Switzerland -- Serbian tennis player Viktor Troicki had his doping ban reduced from 18 months to a year on Tuesday, although he still cannot play in next weeks Davis Cup final. Fake Custom Jerseys Online . The Court of Arbitration for Sport ruling "puts an end to my dreams of being a top player," the 27-year-old Troicki said in a statement. "I worked my entire life for it, and it has been taken away from me in one afternoon by a doctor I didnt know," said Troicki, whose ranking peaked at No. 12 in June 2011. It fell from No. 53 to 77 since he was suspended by an International Tennis Federation tribunal in July. Troickis appeal to CAS was partially upheld, and it ordered him to serve a 12-month ban for skipping a blood test after losing at the Monte Carlo Masters in April. He blamed a tournament anti-doping officer who he claimed advised him to write to the ITF explaining that he was ill and could not give a blood sample. He had already given a urine sample which later tested negative. "The player committed a doping offence, but his fault was not significant," the court said in a statement. Troicki will be cleared to play again on July 15, having missed four Grand Slam events while suspended. "I have no idea about what to do now or where to go. I hope somehow I will be able to fight back," he said. Serbia plays the Czech Republic in the Davis Cup final in Belgrade next week. Troicki appeared in the first two rounds this year. CAS fast-tracked Troickis case to give him the chance of reselection if his appeal had been successful. Troickis Davis Cup teammate and good friend Novak Djokovic lashed out at the World Anti-Doping Agency, saying the decision in Troickis case proved that the fight against doping is badly organized and he does not trust the system anymore. "When you are randomly selected to go and provide the test, blood test or urine test, the representatives of WADA ... who are there in the tournament, are supposed to give you the clear indications and explain you the rules and regulations, and what the severe consequences or penalties that you might undertake or you might have if you fail to provide the test," he said. "The representative, she didnt do that in his case." In 2010, Troicki won the decisive singles rubber in the final against France to give Serbia its first title. Djokovic also criticized the ATP for not standing behind Troicki. "So Viktor is there by himself. Tomorrow can be anybody else," Djokovic said. "For me this is just another big reason, another example that there are some certain things that have to be changed definitely." Troickis home federation described the verdict as "humiliating and disappointing." "Serbias Tennis Association is deeply disappointed with such a decision," it said in a statement. "Viktor Troicki has been inflicted a major injustice." ITF President Francesco Ricci Bitti said rules had to be applied strictly "to keep our sport clean." "What is harder to accept is criticism of doping control officers who perform a difficult role," Ricci Bitti said in a statement. World No. 1 Rafael Nadal also expressed support for Troicki, who he called "a good guy." "I hope to see him back on tour next year," Nadal said at the ATP World Tour Finals in London. "The doctor who accepted to make the control the next day, if thats that way, thats a big mistake from the doctor, too." The CAS panel acknowledged that the tournament anti-doping officer "should have informed the player in clearer terms of the risks caused by his refusal to undergo a blood test." The court added "there was no suggestion that Mr. Troicki intended to evade the detection of a banned substance in his system." The three-member CAS panel said that Troicki and the doping official, a Ukrainian doctor, gave their evidence in good faith in Lausanne one month ago. However, the panels ruling published by the ITF noted that "the recollection of the athlete in particular was colored by his subsequent reconstruction of events." A one-year ban was considered a "just and appropriate sanction" by the panel, and the minimum required in such a case according to ITF anti-doping rules. The ITF tribunal in July declined to impose the standard two-year ban for a first anti-doping violation because it accepted Troicki was stressed by illness on the day and his long-standing needle phobia. The ITF said Troicki remains disqualified from the Monte Carlo Masters, but retains his prize money and ranking points from subsequent events, including his run to a fourth-round loss against Jo-Wilfried Tsonga at the French Open. Custom San Francisco 49ers Jerseys .A. Happ. The Toronto Blue Jays will be looking to improve the starting rotation ahead of next season and pitchers like Happ have a chance to show they belong as the disastrous 2013 campaign draws to a close. Fake Custom Jerseys . Smith has spent the last three seasons with the Rockies, playing both left and right field, and has a .275 batting average with 51 homers and 181 RBIs in 487 major league games. http://www.jerseyscustom.us/ . Tyrell appeared in seven games with the Lightning this year, he had no points in those appearances. The 24-year-old has seven goals and 17 assists in 132 career NHL games, all coming with the Lightning. He was selected in the second round, 47th overall, of the 2007 draft.VANCOUVER -- Wally Buono doesnt like the term "backup quarterback" when describing one of his newest acquisitions. The B.C. Lions general manager and vice-president of football operations made a splash at Tuesdays CFL draft, acquiring disgruntled pivot Kevin Glenn from the Ottawa Redblacks for the fifth overall pick. The move is significant not only when taking into account Glenns past success in the CFL, but also because Lions starting quarterback Travis Lulay is coming off surgery to his throwing shoulder. "Kevin Glenn is an experienced quarterback thats won wherever hes been," Buono said on a conference call Wednesday. "Hes a guy that I think brings instant credibility (and) adds strength to (the position). "You cant win without great quarterbacking." Glenn, who spent the last two seasons with the Calgary Stampeders, was selected by Ottawa in the expansion draft to stock the leagues ninth franchise, but became available after the Redblacks signed Henry Burris to a three-year contract following his release by the Hamilton Tiger-Cats. "I believe it will be a very, very good marriage. Kevin wants to be in a place where he believes hell be utilized," said Buono. "We hope Travis goes all 18 games, but if he doesnt we feel we have a guy that can step in and help us win football games." Lulay missed six games at the end of the 2013 season after damaging his labrum in September, but returned to play in the Lions West Division semifinal loss to the Saskatchewan Roughriders. "When you look at professional sports, whether its the NFL or the CFL, injuries to your quarterback is always a major issue that you have to deal with," said Buono. "To be able to acquire a quarterback of (Glenns) calibre who comes in here and makes us that much better instantly was a tremendous opportunity for us." B.C. head coach Mike Benevides said he expects Lulay to be ready when training camp opens June 1, but added that his No. 1 quarterback is still not 100 per cent. "Theres no doubt that were going to need a phase of training camp to continue the progression that hes on right now," said Benevides. "The plan is to have him work for a segment of time in practice but the first day of camp he will be participating." The Lions were in need of a capable secondary option under centre after Thomas DeMarco was selected by Ottawa in the expansion draft and Buck Pierce retired to become an assistant coach with the Winnipeg Blue Bombers. The club has former NFLer John Beck on the roster, as well as Chris Hart, who was with B.C. last season but saw no playing time. Buono said the addition of Glenn will allow Lulay more time to heal if need be ahead of the Lions first regular-season game. Custom Dallas Cowboys Jerseys. "When you have a quarterback thats coming off a major injury, the stronger you are behind him, the less pressure you put on that quarterback ... to speed up the process," said Buono. "We want this to be a natural progression where (Lulay) follows the medical protocol, which hes doing. Having Kevin here not only gives Mike and I confidence, but I think it gives everybody in the organization, everybody that supports the B.C. Lions confidence that come June 28 we will have a very good football team and well have two very good experienced quarterbacks to lead us." Glenn said after Tuesdays trade that he was excited for a fresh start with the Lions. The 34-year-old guided Calgary to a Grey Cup berth in 2012 and a CFL-best 14-4 record last year before getting scooped up by the Redblacks. "To be honest I didnt know if anything would actually happen," said Glenn, who wanted out of Ottawa after the team signed Burris. "To give up a first-round draft pick shows a team really wants you. "Thats what I was kind of excited about." The Lions won the Grey Cup at B.C. Place Stadium back in 2011 and are hosting the big game again in November, but Buono stressed the move for Glenn isnt a move with that showcase in mind, but rather about getting the best possible product on the field at key times. "The last two years, weve had good teams and we have not won a playoff game," said Buono. "Thats just the reality of our business, whether its football or any other sport. Winning in the playoffs is critical. Winning the big game is critical." "Theres different stages of the season. You want to win in the regular season, you want to put yourself in the playoffs to win, and then you want to put yourself in position to win the Grey Cup. You cant win the Grey Cup unless you win in the playoffs, so were building a team to hopefully do both." Notes: The Lions made a couple of roster moves on Wednesday, releasing quarterback Jarrett Lee and signing four import defensive backs, including former NFL cornerback Brandon McDonald, who played 80 games over six seasons with Cleveland, Detroit and Tampa Bay. ... After trading out of the first round to get Glenn on Tuesday, the Lions chose offensive lineman T-Dre Player out of Northwestern State with the 12th pick. B.C. followed that up but taking Laval fullback Pascal Lochard (14th overall), Simon Fraser linebacker Casey Chin (27th overall), Montreal defensive lineman David Menard (32nd overall), Bishops wide receiver Alexander Fox (41st overall), Simon Fraser defensive lineman Dylan Roper (50th overall) and Laval running back Guillaume Bourassa (59th overall). ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: republictailed
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2680 Themen und 2855 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen