"If we had given Eddie any run support this season,

in Aktuelles 23.09.2019 07:56
von sakura698 • 300 Beiträge

DALLAS -- Dirk Nowitzki says he wasnt thinking about the last time the Dallas Mavericks blew a 30-point lead and lost. Phil Rizzuto Yankees Jersey . The biggest collapse in franchise history was a long time ago, and he was too busy trying to make sure it didnt happen again. Nowitzki scored 22 points, Devin Harris hit the go-ahead shot in the final minute and the Mavericks rallied in the fourth quarter after blowing their huge first-half lead, beating the Portland Trail Blazers 103-98 Friday night. "Youre just out there battling," Nowitzki said. "Theyre a very, very good team. They came back a lot quicker than we wanted it to be, but we kept fighting and got the win." LaMarcus Aldridge finished with 30 for Portland, including 18 in the third quarter when the Blazers went in front for the first time at 69-67 after trailing 44-14 early in the second quarter. But Nowitzki didnt pause to remember Dec. 6, 2002, when the Mavericks lost at the Los Angeles Lakers 105-103 after leading 66-36 early in the third quarter. Rick Carlisle wasnt dwelling on the blown lead either. "How many whatever-point leads have we blown this year?" the Dallas coach said. "Theres been tons of them. Weve got to work to prevent it. Theres no harder way to do it than what happened tonight." The score was tied 98-all when Aldridge missed a shot from the lane and Harris won the scramble for the rebound. He dribbled the length of the floor and hit a leaning shot on the baseline and was fouled by Damian Lillard with 24 seconds left. "He busted my mouth open, so I knew I wasnt all the way in front of him," Lillard said. "But I figured since that was the second time that he dipped his head into my face, I figured they would call offensive foul. We still had a couple opportunities after that that we didnt take advantage of." After Harris free throw put Dallas up by three, Aldridges pass went over Lillards head out of bounds. Monta Ellis missed two free throws, but Vince Carter slipped between a pair of Portland players for the offensive rebound and was fouled. Carter made both free throws, and Ellis had a steal to seal a wild win that snapped the Mavericks season-high three-game losing streak. "I had some big miscues down the stretch," said Aldridge, who had 17 rebounds. "I missed some shots down the stretch. Fighting all the way back, being up and having the opportunity to win and not taking care of business." Dallas took its first 30-point lead at 40-10 on Brandan Wrights alley-oop dunk from Ellis early in the second quarter, one of many easy breakaway baskets early. Thomas Robinson had six points on a 12-1 run that started Portlands comeback, getting the Blazers within 19. That was Dallas margin to begin the third quarter, when Aldridge took over, scoring six straight early in the period and another six straight later. The Blazers, who led by 38 in a blowout win over the Mavericks the last time they were in Dallas in January, wiped out the last of the deficit on a 3-pointer by Wesley Matthews to knot it 67-all with 4:02 left in the third. The Blazers went ahead for the first time at 69-67 on a putback by Aldridge. "It was unbelievable," Wright said. "We got outscored by I dont know how much after that first quarter being up 40-10. They went on a heck of a run, but all its going to say in the paper tomorrow is that we got the W." The lead changed hands three more times late in the third, setting up a back-and-forth battle in the fourth. Portland pushed out to an 85-78 lead on another 3 from Matthews, who had 26 points, and a jumper from Mo Williams, but Harris hit a 3-pointer to finish an 8-0 Dallas run for a 90-89 lead. The Blazers went back up 98-92 on an alley-oop dunk by Aldridge, but Dallas pulled even when Sam Dalembert stole the ball from Lillard and tossed to Ellis for a breakaway layup. Jose Calderon had 19 for Dallas, including 15 in the first quarter. Ellis had 17 points, eight rebounds and seven assists. Nowitzki had six assists and five rebounds. Harris finished with 12 points. NOTES: Robinson returned after missing four games with a left knee injury. He fouled out with 7:52 remaining. ... Ellis made his 500th career start. ... The Mavericks shot 53 per cent in their 115-110 loss to Denver on Wednesday. It was their best shooting percentage in a loss this season. ... The Blazers had season lows for points in a quarter (10) and the first half (38). The previous low for a first half was 41 in a 90-89 win over Phoenix. CC Sabathia Yankees Jersey . Expensive. The NFL fined Tomlin $100,000 on Wednesday for interfering with Baltimores Jacoby Jones on a kickoff return in the third quarter of a 22-20 loss to the Ravens on Thanksgiving night. Luis Cessa Jersey . Now the Minnesota Vikings have set their sights on soccer. https://www.cheapyankees.com/2841g-hideki-matsui-jersey-yankees.html .ca has you covered for whos in, whos out and what to expect from all 30 teams.When asked if Vancouver Canucks coach John Tortorella would return next season, his own general manager was as candid as he could be. "Im not sure Ill be back next season," said Mike Gillis. Speaking to the Team 1040 in Vancouver on Thursday, the Canucks general manager spoke of his clubs failure to live up to the success of past years, but refused to heap all the blame on his coach. "John is a proven winner and competitor," said Gillis. "The running of this team is my responsibility and I feel that the last few seasons we have been chasing goal posts that have been moving and got away from our core principles of how I want this team to play and how we want to perform and the tempo we want to play with. "People want someone to blame but the reality is that as an organization we have deviated from things that have been successful and I know will be successful. We will get back to those levels and that style of play that we started six years ago and we have the personnel to do it." Gillis added that believes that the system in place is solid enough for any coach to find success, but acknowledges that the Canucks failures this season are broad. "If given the resources and the players are committed to it, any coach can coach the team that he has," explained Gillis. "But having said that, our problems are far reaching and will be addressed. If people dont want to get onside with how I view this team and how its supposed to play then they wont be here.” Gillis also said that he believes that everybody in the organization, from top to bottom, is in line to go under the microscope at seasons end. "I think everybody is open for evaluation," he said. "Weve had players who have severely underperformed. Our team has underperformed. I think that were all open for evaluation and deserve evaluation and thats whats going to come. Well go through a thorough evalutaion of what occurred this year. Well go through a thorough plan of where we see we have to go and theyll make a decision about what route theyll choose." Now in his sixth year leading the Canucks front office, Gillis admits that this season has brought him frustration unlike any other. "Weve had a lot of success in the past and none of this sits well with me," he explained. "Its been an incredibly frustrating season on a variety of diffferent levels. Don Mattingly Yankees Jersey. For me, Im committed to getting back on the levels that we expect and we have a plan do it. "We had a plan six years to do it and we got as close as we could get. We learned a lot of lessons from that and Im tired of chasing a moving target. We are going to get back to the fundamentals and the principles that I believe in and thats how were going to play. Like I said, if people dont want to comply, and we did this six years ago, we made hard choices. Those hard choices are going to come again if we dont see people get on the same page." One player that Gillis refused to fault in his teams struggles is goaltender Eddie Lack, who became the teams starting goaltender following the trade of Roberto Luongo to the Florida Panthers at the deadline. "You get people in Toronto who just love to carve the Vancouver Canucks and its going to be unending, so were used to it now, but its unfortunate for a young guy like Eddie Lack," said Gillis. "Eddie is a very special player. Hes got great personality, hes got great size and his emergence allowed us to think a little bit differently about where we were going." For his money, Gillis thinks Lack should be in the conversation for the leagues top rookie. "If we had given Eddie any run support this season, he would certainly be, in my mind, a nominee for the Calder," posited Gillis. "He probably wouldnt win it, but he should be in consideration based on the way hes played. Hes lost more one-goal games than any goalie in the league. Hes second in the league in shutouts with half the games played." Gillis also expressed his faith in his goaltending tandem on the whole, including the recently acquired Jakob Markstrom, who came over from the Panthers in the Luongo deal. "I think Jakob Markstrom is another 24-year-old goalie who has all the attributes to be a top-flight goalie in the National Hockey League," he said. "I feel strongly that we have two young guys who are in their prime. I hope our fans get behind them and support them." The Canucks currently sit 10th in the Western Conference, six points behind the Dallas Stars for the final wild card playoff spot. The Stars also have two games in hand on the Canucks. The Canucks play the first of their final five games on Saturday when they host the Los Angeles Kings. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: republictailed
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2680 Themen und 2855 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen