"He was hitting ball really flat and deep and wasnt making mistakes, e

in Aktuelles 25.09.2019 08:04
von sakura698 • 300 Beiträge

MEMPHIS, Tenn. Vapormax Plus Kopen . -- Defending champion Kei Nishikori of Japan rallied to beat Russian Alex Bogomolov Jr. 3-6, 6-3, 6-2 to advance to the semifinals of the U.S. National Indoor Tennis Championships on Friday. The top-seeded Nishikori will next play 35-year-old American Michael Russell, who upset third-seeded Lleyton Hewitt of Australia 6-3, 7-6 (6) in another quarterfinal match. Bogomolov broke Nishikori for a 3-2 lead in the second set only to drop his next two service games and lose the set. In the third, Nishikori fought off three break points to hold serve and broke Bogomolov in consecutive games to take a 5-2 lead. "Obviously, he was playing really well, I thought," Nishikori said. "He was hitting ball really flat and deep and wasnt making mistakes, especially from the beginning he was very aggressive. I wasnt maybe playing 100 per cent." Fourth-seeded Lu Yen-Hsun of Taiwan beat American qualifier Alex Kuznetsov 6-1, 6-4 in another match and will next face either Jack Sock or Ivo Karlovic, who play later Friday. Russell needed nearly two hours to finish off the former world No. 1 Hewitt. He was broken after double-faulting twice while serving for the match at 5-4 in the second set and also failed to convert a couple of match points in the tiebreaker before finally closing it out. "Every time we play its a battle," Russell said. "Its kind of the mentality knowing, Yeah, youre serving it out. But this guy has a really good return. And vice versa the same thing when hes serving." Russell is the second-oldest player ranked in the top 100 behind Tommy Haas, who will turn 36 in April. He didnt manage a point on his serve while trying to close out the match at 5-4. He then went up 6-4 in the tiebreaker but hit a forehand into the net on his first match point. Hewitt fought off a second match point with a brilliant forehand down the line to level the breaker at 6-all. But the Australian hit a forehand wide and then a return long to allow Russell to advance to just his third ATP Tour semifinal. "My rhythm on my serve wasnt there," Hewitt said. "I was feeling my shoulder a little bit and just couldnt hit my spots. So that was putting me under a lot of pressure then, and he makes a lot of balls and makes you play a lot." Nike Vapormax Heren Sale . UCI President Brian Cookson said Wednesday the commission will investigate allegations "that the UCI has been involved in wrongdoing in the past -- allegations which have done so much to hurt the credibility of the UCI and our sport. Nike Vapormax Korting . LeBron James believes hes a major reason for their early failures. http://www.vapormaxsalenederland.com/nike-just-do-it-schoenen-kopen/naranja.html .C. - The Carolina Hurricanes hope they now have the leadership tandem in place to turn the franchise around.Toronto, ON (SportsNetwork.com) - The Toronto Maple Leafs placed forward Joffrey Lupul on injured reserve Thursday. Lupul suffered a lower-body injury in a shootout victory over Boston on Wednesday. He will return to Toronto for further evaluation. The 31-year-old Lupul has nine goals and eight assists in 26 gaames this season. Nike Just Do It Schoenen. . Toronto also announced that forward Peter Holland would return to Toronto for further evaluation following an upper-body injury. The Maple Leafs recalled forward Greg McKegg from the Toronto Marlies of the AHL. He has seven goals and eight assists in 23 AHL games this season. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: republictailed
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2680 Themen und 2855 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen