But thats exactly what he brought on the game-winner, taking advantage

in Aktuelles 26.09.2019 08:14
von sakura698 • 300 Beiträge

ATLANTA -- Top-ranked Florida capped a perfect run through the Southeastern Conference when Kentucky failed to get off a shot on its final possession, allowing the Gators to escape with a 61-60 victory in the league championship game Sunday. Adidas Nmd Sneakers Style . Florida (32-2) built a 16-point lead early in the second half, but Kentucky nearly pulled off an improbable comeback to hand the Gators their first loss since early December. Two missed free throws gave the Wildcats (24-10) a final possession, but James Young slipped trying to drive into the lane. The ball squirted loose, and the horn sounded while Floridas Scottie Wilbekin and Kentuckys Andrew Harrison dived for it. A giddy Wilbekin popped up and sprinted toward the Gators bench in celebration. Harrison rolled over with the ball, then put his hands over his face in anguish. The Gators extended their school-record winning streak to 26 games and awaited a sure No. 1 seed when the NCAA pairings were announced Sunday evening. Patric Young and Michael Frazier II led Florida with 14 points apiece, while Wilbekin and Casey Prather had 11 each. Kentucky, also headed for the NCAAs, was paced by Aaron Harrison with 16 points. Young added 13, while Willie Cauley-Stein had 10 points, 11 rebounds and five blocks. Florida led 40-30 at halftime and scored the first six points of the second half for its biggest lead. But Kentucky used a 14-0 run to close within one point with just over 6 minutes remaining. It was a nail-biter the rest of the way, the Wildcats coming oh-so-close to beating the first team to go 18-0 in SEC play during the regular season. First, Andrew Harrison drove down the middle of the lane and put up a running jumper with 33 seconds remaining, but the shot clanked off the rim. Dorian Finney-Smith grabbed the rebound for the Gators. Kentucky was forced to foul three times to get Florida into the bonus. With 23 seconds left, Wilbekin missed the front end of a 1-and-1, but Finney-Smith came up with another huge rebound and was quickly fouled by the Wildcats. Finney-Smith missed the front end, too, giving Kentucky a chance to win it. Coming out of a timeout, the Wildcats didnt even get off a shot. Andrew Harrison dribbled the clock down at the top of the key, then dished off to Young on the right wing. He tried to cut into the lane, bumped a Florida player and tumbled to the court. That was it. Florida ran off the court with its first conference tournament title since 2007, when the Gators went on to capture the second of consecutive national titles. They had lost in the tournament final two of the last three years. Kentucky was denied its 28th tournament championship. The Wildcats have more titles than all the other SEC schools combined. Adidas Nmd Womens Clearance . All of 46 seconds into the Pittsburgh Penguins 3-2 victory over Alex Ovechkins struggling Washington Capitals, Crosby assisted on Chris Kunitzs goal. Yeezy 350 Boost Usa . The light-heavyweight champion and number one ranked pound-for-pound fighter in the world is on an 11-fight UFC winning streak, the longest in the history of the weight class. http://www.nmdsneakerssale.com/ .com) - The surging Montreal Canadiens will try to match their longest winning streak of the season when they visit the Florida Panthers for Saturdays clash at BB&T Center.TAMPA, Fla. -- Daniel Briere might have been the most comfortable player on the ice. Playing in his 109th career playoff game and first for the Montreal Canadiens, Briere skated around in overtime feeling fresh and like something good was going to happen. The least surprising thing was that Briere, a patented playoff performer, made the play to set up Dale Weises goal to beat the Tampa Bay Lightning in Game 1. It was Brieres 110th point in the Stanley Cup playoffs but also evidence of how strong an overall game he played. "I had lots of chances," Briere said. "I really liked the play of our line. Talking to ourselves before the game, we wanted to bring energy to our team. I believe we were able to do that. Personally I felt like I had a lot of jump and probably couldve scored a few goals before that overtime." Briere had a couple of the games better scoring chances despite playing in a role with Weise and Michael Bournival in which he wasnt expected to bring offence. But thats exactly what he brought on the game-winner, taking advantage of a Tampa Bay defensive breakdown to feed Weise for the winner. "It was an excellent reward for them because they played an exccellent game," coach Michel Therrien said. Yeezy 350 Cheap Real. "They deserved to score the winning goal." Given his noticeable play for much of the night, Briere probably deserved more than just a point. But Weise will take what he got. "I thought he was awesome tonight," Weise said of Briere. "Hes a guy that I grew up as a little kid watching him play, and he just raises his level in the playoffs and you saw that tonight." Briere helped beat the Habs in the 2010 Eastern Conference final while with the Philadelphia Flyers, putting up three points in the series first two games. He led all players in those playoffs with 30 points in 23 games. Even though his minutes arent that of a top-liner, Montreal hopes to continue to reap the benefits of Brieres playoff prowess, as it did Wednesday night. "Hes played a ton of playoff games and played some big games," captain Brian Gionta said. "No different tonight." Briere didnt want to blow one primary assist out of proportion, even though it was a significant one. "I dont know, its just one game," he said. "I dont want to get too crazy. Its a huge win. Its a great feeling." ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: republictailed
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2680 Themen und 2855 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen