Joel Tomkins and Billy Twelvetrees struggled against Australia but are retain

in Aktuelles 28.09.2019 08:17
von sakura698 • 300 Beiträge

TORONTO - James van Riemsdyk is on pace to score more than 30 goals, amass nearly 70 points and tally new career-highs in just about every statistical category. Fake NFL Jerseys Free Shipping . And yet the 25-year-old doesnt sound much satisfied with his season to date, yet to hit his real groove just yet. No, I dont think Ive played to my full potential, van Riemsdyk said after a 40-minute practice on Wednesday morning. Ive done some good things, theres some positives to build on, but I definitely think I can continue to get better, for sure. Hes been productive here and there, but never quite as consistently as he would like or expect. Though still third on the Leafs with 10 goals and 20 points through 24 games, van Riemsdyk has scored in just two of the last eight games, the latter coming on Tuesday night when the puck deflected innocently off his leg, a marker that was initially credited to Tyler Bozak. His last goal before that came nearly two weeks prior. That night, with the Leafs in crisis mode after a 9-2 spanking from Nashville, van Riemsdyk flashed the gifts which made him the second overall pick in 2007, the gifts that underscore the surface hes only started to scratch. With just under eight minutes to go in the middle frame and Tampa in town, van Riemsdyk freed a puck just outside Torontos blue-line, stormed through the neutral zone past a pinching Anton Stralman before firing a quick wrist shot beyond the glove of Ben Bishop. Less than three minutes later with the Leafs on a power-play, he snatched a rebound from Bishop before lifting the puck, as if on a string, into the upper netting of the cage. It was the kind of goal he scored often during the real breakout campaign of his career last season. van Riemsdyk punched career-highs of 30 goals, 31 assists, and 61 points, also showing dominantly alongside Phil Kessel at the Sochi Olympics. And yet there was a sense with van Riemsdyk that there was more ground to cover, that there was still another level he could reach. He conceded as much before the season. You dont want to really limit yourself, van Riemsdyk said in late September. You want to continue to get better so you can read into that for what its worth. You dont want to rest on last season, you want to continue to push the envelope and see if you can continue to get better, wherever that gets me. van Riemsdyk says its about consistency in the early months this season. That consistency, he says, hasnt been there near enough. Hes actually producing at about the same rate at even-strength as last season - 1.93 points per 60 minutes - but his line - which still includes Kessel and Bozak - has been less forceful, save for their continued potency on the power-play. A creature of habit, van Riemsdyk isnt about to change anything though in a routine thats evolved considerably from the early days of his NHL career. Back in Philly, during his first season with the Flyers, van Riemsdyk stuck with what he playfully dubbed the Arron Asham program, a simplistic routine that consisted of showing up, watching TV for 45 minutes and then suiting up for practice. But after that first season, in which he scored 15 times in 78 games, something changed. van Riemsdyk looked around and saw how Ian Laperriere went about his business. He observed how this seventh round pick from Quebec had carved out a career of more than 1,000 NHL games. He was warming up for like 45 minutes at a time before every practice and game and Im like What the hells wrong with this guy? Like whats he doing? van Riemsdyk recalled. And from there I realized stuff I needed to do if I wanted to have a long career, if I didnt want to just be a flash in the pan, he continued. I want to play this game as long as I possibly can and keep myself as healthy as possible so thats when I started buying in more to things like diet and getting the right treatment consistently, working out the right way and all that good stuff. And thats become kind of my M.O. If you want to have a long career you have to take care of that stuff. Its details to manage and protect. When the Leafs end their daily skate, be it a practice or before a game, van Riemsdyk remains. Long after Kessel and Bozak have left the ice, hes there to stand in front of a gaping cage and tip pucks in the same manner that hes come to score more than a few goals. And thats why, even now when hes not satisfied with the ways things are going personally, does he stick with the routine. Stick with the details and the results will follow, he believes. Thats what I try to do no matter if things are going great [or] if things arent going good you just stick with the same program, van Riemsdyk says. Whether thats at the rink working on things; whether thats doing stuff at the gym; whether thats getting treatment away from the rink; you just stick with your same program, you believe in your program, you believe in your process and go from there. In a bid to keep him fresh (and an obvious benefactor of improved depth), the Leafs are using van Riemsdyk slightly less than last season. He was the sixth most deployed forward in hockey a year ago, garnering more than 21 minutes nightly. That number has been cut by more than a minute and a half this season, van Riemsdyk removed from the penalty kill entirely in October with other capable options emerging. Hes hardly had a bad season, far from it in fact. With increased power-play production van Riemsdyk is actually on pace for 34 goals and 68 points, both of which would establish new career-highs. But that undercurrent of dominance, so prominent at times last year, has been just a tad more sporadic. I dont know if hes found his groove, said head coach Randy Carlyle, noting van Riemsdyks good fortune in attacking the front of the net, likely referring to the unlikely marker against Dallas. For whatever reason I think in spurts Ive played well, but not as consistently as I can, van Riemsdyk added, offering not so much frustration but ambition. By no means do I think Ive played bad, but I think I have more to give for sure. Fake Nike NFL Jerseys . CHAUNCEY BILLUPS (Pistons): Yes they got Josh Smith and Brandon Jennings in the off-season and Andre Drummond is a beast (teams are kicking themselves for passing on him - he rebounds and block shots every game - thats two more discernable and significant skills than most guys in his draft class), but dont for a second discount the impact of having a savvy veteran like Billups on your team. Fake NFL Jerseys Discount . Englands only win in the four most recent trips north had been tight, and Scotland was expected after losing 28-6 to Ireland six days ago to show some venom against its archrival. https://www.fakenfljerseys.com/ .com) - The Atlanta Hawks have stepped up to every challenge during their 14-game winning streak and will face another daunting task Friday with Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook and the Oklahoma City Thunder in town.LONDON -- England is flying under new coach Stuart Lancaster, boasting a young and hungry squad that is starting to make Twickenham feel like a fortress. Argentina lost all six of its matches in the recent Rugby Championship, has just fired its coach and is missing its captain and one world-class player. Surely an easy home win for the English on Saturday, then? Not according to captain Chris Robshaw. "As soon as you take a team like Argentina lightly, youre in a world of trouble," Robshaw said. Robshaws note of caution belies the increasing sense of assuredness and confidence that has spread through Englands ranks in Lancasters near two years in charge. Stretching back to the victory over New Zealand in December 2012, England has won eight of its last nine internationals -- a run that takes in back-to-back successes in a short tour of Argentina last summer, earned without its British and Irish Lions contingent. It has won its last five home games. Victories over southern hemisphere opposition used to be rare and extremely hard-earned. Yet, last Saturday, the English often laboured against Australia in their first international of the season but still ran out 20-13 winners. "Weve started this series fantastically and we need to kick on," Robshaw said. "We got some huge momentum, beating Australia for the first time myself. We know now what it takes to beat one of the southern hemisphere sides." Argentina isnt so buoyant. Reeling from a chastening Rugby Championship where they shipped an average of more than 37 points a game, the Pumas have replaced coach Santiago Phelan with Daniel Hourcade, seen iconic centre Felipe Contepomi retire and both captain Juan Martin Fernandez Lobbe and Juan Martin Hernandez succumb to injuries that forced them out of the entire autumn series. Argentina hasnt beaten a major ruugby nation since winning in Wales on November 2012 but Juan Manuel Leguizamon, who will captain the team in place of Fernandez Lobbe, isnt giving up hope. Fake NFL Jerseys For Sale. "The team is very tight and our objectives are clear. People are talking about (Argentinas struggles), but we dont care, Leguizamon said. "We are all professional players and we must adapt ourselves as quickly as possible to the new system." As ever in games involving Argentina, one of the most powerful scrummaging units around, the front-row battle will be key. England has overhauled its entire front three, bringing in fiery hooker Dylan Hartley for Tom Youngs and props Joe Marler and David Wilson for Mako Vunipola, who is injured, and Dan Cole. Centers Joel Tomkins and Billy Twelvetrees struggled against Australia but are retained as the midfield pairing with first-choice Brad Barritt and Manu Tuilagi still injured. Ben Foden comes in for Marland Yarde on the wing, while lock Geoff Parling has recovered from the effects of concussion and is on the bench. ------ Lineups: England: Mike Brown, Chris Ashton, Joel Tomkins, Billy Twelvetrees, Ben Foden, Owen Farrell, Lee Dickson, Billy Vunipola, Chris Robshaw (captain), Tom Wood, Courtney Lawes, Joe Launchbury, David Wilson, Dylan Hartley, Joe Marler. Reserves: Tom Youngs, Alex Corbisiero, Dan Cole, Geoff Parling, Ben Morgan, Ben Youngs, Toby Flood, Alex Goode. Argentina: Lucas Gonzalez Amorosino, Horacio Agulla, Marcelo Bosch, Santiago Fernandez, Juan Imhoff, Nicolas Sanchez, Tomas Cubelli; Juan Manuel Leguizamon (captain), Julio Farias Cabello, Pablo Matera, Patricio Albacete, Mariano Galarza, Maximiliano Bustos, Eusebio Guinazu, Marcos Ayerza. Reserves: Santiago Iglesias Valdez, Nahuel Lobo, Juan Pablo Orlandi, Manuel Carizza, Benjamin Macome, Martin Landajo, Gonzalo Tiesi, Santiago Cordero. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: republictailed
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2680 Themen und 2855 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen