good coach and hes proving it now." Bergevin was surprised

in Aktuelles 29.09.2019 09:05
von sakura698 • 300 Beiträge

Nashville, TN (SportsNetwork. Shoes Sale .com) - Tennessee State football coach Rod Reed agreed in principle to a contract extension Friday. The school said details of the contracts length and Reeds salary would be ironed out at a later date. Reed, who has coached at Tennessee State since 2003, took over the program in December 2009 after James Webster Jr. resigned and is 32-27 in five seasons at the helm. The former Tennessee State linebacker has led the Tigers to three consecutive non-losing seasons, including a 6-6 mark this year. Its the first time the program has finished .500 or better three seasons in a row since 1984-86. Reed said in a statement he was very thankful the school showed a commitment to him. Leaving TSU would have been tough to do because I feel like there is more left to be accomplished, he said. Cyber Monday Shoes . "We were left with the overall impression that the team wasnt trending toward being able to compete for a Stanley Cup," Capitals owner Ted Leonsis said in a news conference at the clubs arena. "And that was just a clear signal and why it was time to make those changes. Discount Shoes . The 25-year-old McIlroy, who is from Northern Ireland, was eligible to play for either Ireland or Team GB when golf makes its return to the Olympics in Brazil for the first time since 1904. https://www.fakeshoeswholesale.com/ . has left the San Jose Sharks to become the Boston Bruins director of player personnel.MONTREAL -- It looks like coach Michel Therrien has earned a new contract with the Montreal Canadiens. General manager Marc Bergevin would not confirm the move, but when asked Saturday if he had made a decision on his coach he said "yes." That came a few minutes after heaping lavish praise on the 50-year-old Therrien, who Bergevin hired when he was named GM ahead of last season. It was not a popular move at the time. Therrien had guided a middling Canadiens team in the early 2000s as a rookie head coach. But he is coming off a 100-point season and has the team in the NHL Eastern Conference final for the first time since 2010. "When youre in my position, you make decisions sometimes that are not going to be popular," said Bergevin, who met with the media ahead of Game 1 of the conference final. "I cant make decisions to make people happy. "Michel Therriens a good coach today and he was six months ago and he was a good coach when we lost five in a row. Michel and I have a good (relationship). We talk a lot. We share ideas." "Am I shocked with where we are today with way he handles the team? No. But hes a really good coach and hes proving it now." Bergevin was surprised wwhen told that his former teammate and boyhood friend Mario Lemieux, owner of the Pittsburgh Penguins, had said after GM Ray Shero was fired Friday that he hoped to use the Canadiens as a model for rebuilding his team. Clearance Shoes. . "Not only is he my friend, hes one of the greatest players ever to play the game," said Bergevin, a Montreal native who grew up a little more than a kilometre from the Bell Centre. "I didnt know about that. "Being a GM is tough. Youre hired to be fired. One day it will be my turn. Ray did a really good job. It didnt work out and they made a decision. "I dont have a magic recipe. Im not a genius. We have things we believe in. At times well make mistakes. No-one bats .1000, but as a group we jell well and were getting results. But say thanks (to) Mario anyway." Bergevin would not be drawn into the debate over Boston forward Milan Lucics threats toward two Canadiens during the handshake after Montreals Game 7 win on Wednesday night. "Hockey is an emotional game,"he said. "Honestly, I have a lot of respect for the Boston Bruins. (President) Cam Neely and (GM) Peter Chiarelli are good hockey men. Its a good organization." ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: republictailed
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2680 Themen und 2855 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen