uth movement has forced Studesville to alter his coaching styl

in Aktuelles 07.10.2019 07:51
von sakura698 • 300 Beiträge

RIBEIRAO PRETO, Brazil - Frances team doctor has criticized Bayern Munich for the way the club handled a lingering back injury that ruled star winger Franck Ribery out of the World Cup. Nike Air Max From China . Ribery appeared to have made progress from a chronic lower back injury that had plagued him for weeks, only to be ruled out of the competition last Friday when he pulled up in training. It came just three days before France flew to Brazil, depriving coach Didier Deschamps of his most experienced player and most dangerous attacker. "When I examined him and we did tests with the X-ray and scans, I was very reassured. There was no reason why he wouldnt play in the World Cup," France doctor Franck Le Gall said Thursday. "We have some explanations for his pain. However, he didnt find a way ... we didnt find the way for his pains to cease or for him to play through his discomfort." Ribery, who has scored 16 goals in 81 appearances for France, made his last appearance of the season for Bayern as a substitute in the German Cup final win over Borussia Dortmund on May 17, when he came on in the first half and was substituted during extra time. Ribery had been rested following the 4-0 defeat to Real Madrid in the return leg of their Champions League semifinal on April 29, and Le Gall thinks it was too risky for Ribery to play in the Cup final less than three weeks later. "He was out for more or less three weeks and played a match which he probably shouldnt have played because he played through pain," Le Gall said. He said when Ribery joined up with the France team at its World Cup training camp he "was just as much bothered" by the injury as before. Bayern "didnt manage to solve the problem in (those) three weeks," said Le Gall, who estimated that Ribery should be ready to play by mid-August. Le Gall was asked if France had considered treating Riberys injury by injection. It was an option that appeared to be ruled out by the France teams medical staff, even though, Le Gall said, Bayern could be regularly treating its players with jabs. "Franck belongs to a club where for all pathological treatments — twisted ankles, bruising, muscle pains, contractions, tears — there are injections," Le Gall said. "There are 10 per pathology (injury), or 20, 25, 40 per year, or more. So there comes a time when, well ... he (Ribery) has had enough of injections. If for a moment we thought it could be solved that way, we didnt do it, because hes scared of injections." In other injury updates, France striker Olivier Giroud and centre half Laurent Koscielny were earlier cleared to take part in Thursdays training session after sitting out the previous days practice to have some physio treatment. Giroud had some tightness in his left hamstring and Koscielny, his Arsenal club teammate, has some tendinitis in his Achilles. "(Koscielny) has been carrying that for several weeks or perhaps a bit more. Hes played a lot of games this season," Le Gall said. "Hes in great shape but tendons in the Achilles are a bit sensitive. During the competition well probably rest him for one, two, or three training sessions so as not to make the situation worse." Mamadou Sakho has recovered from some bruising to his right knee. "He felt some pain and a kind of locking sensation," Le Gall said. "The scan was reassuring, and he trained normally (on Wednesday). He was more apprehensive than anything." All three players are expected to be ready when France opens its Group E campaign against Honduras on Sunday. While Koscielny is not certain to be selected by Deschamps, Giroud is expected to lead the attack. "Hes fine and we decided that he could take part in training," Le Gall said of Giroud. "I dont have any particular apprehension. If hes training this afternoon it means that we think hes available." Fake Nike Air Max . The Canadian Luge Association officially named seven athletes to the 2014 Olympic team Tuesday. Edney, will lead teenagers John Fennell and Mitchel Malyk into their first Games in mens singles. Tristan Walker and Justin Snith will represent Canada in doubles, while Gough, will be joined by Kimberley McRae in womens singles. Nike Air Max Discount .S. routed Sweden 7-0 Sunday to win its fourth straight title and seventh overall under-18 world championship. Olson earned his third shutout of the tournament and the Americans allowed only four goals in six games to set an International Ice Hockey Federation under-18 record. https://www.fakeairmaxwholesale.com/ . -- Get a flow chart ready to follow the Packers quarterback situation.ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Montee Ball acknowledges he was "a little bit" intimidated by Peyton Manning last year, something he says contributed to his slow start. Trying to please the famously meticulous quarterback is enough to unnerve any rookie, even one who ran for an NCAA-record 83 touchdowns at Wisconsin. "He did a great job of calming me down, though, keeping me comfortable, working with me after practice," Ball said. "But Im still a little nervous, of course. Im only human." A jittery Ball failed to win the starting job last year after he whiffed on Seattle middle linebacker Bobby Wagner in the preseason and Manning got squished. Then, after fumbling just twice in 924 carries in college, he matched that total in his first 31 runs in the NFL. Again, butterflies. "I was nervous, trying to do too much," Ball said. That Ball was a bundle of nerves around Manning came as somewhat of a surprise to offensive co-ordinator Adam Gase. "You dont usually hear anybody saying anything when theyre going through it. Now that were a year removed, Im sure hes kind reflects back and says, man, I felt like this. But if he was like that, he hid it pretty good," Gase said Friday. "I just kind of looked at it like he was a rookie and there were a lot of things going on and he just locked up a little bit. "And I watch him now and I feel like he can just play football now." Ball finally settled down and by December he had a tight grip on both the football and his role in Denvers record-breaking offence. He finished his rookie year with 559 yards rushing and four TDs. "The first half I was a little shaky in there," Ball said. "Im man enough to admit that I was making terrible mistakes early on. But it finally came along. Like they say, better late than never. And I took off from there." When Knowshon Moreno took his 1,586 all-purpose yards, 14 touchdowns and balky knees to South Beach this off-season, Ball assumed the featured role in the Broncos backfield. Money, health and Balls emergence aall played a role in letting Moreno leave even though none of the Broncos remaining running backs had started an NFL game. Nike Air Max Clearance. Running backs coach Eric Studesville shrugged off the notion that heading into a Super Bowl-or-else season without any starting experience in the backfield is risky business. "Oh, the whole starting thing is hard for me, because really the guys that start the game are either on kickoff or kickoff return, you know?" Studesville said. "Thats kind of inconsequential to me." Gase also called it a non-issue, suggesting he could even start bruising tight end Virgil Green, who had a 6-yard run in the playoffs: "I never even think about it. Ill put Virgil out there. These guys are NFL players." Ball downplayed any concern, too, noting that by last seasons end, "it was pretty much 1A and 1B, Knowshon and me." "We felt good about both of them at the end," Studesville agreed. "We felt like we had two really good backs that we could trust in there at all times, and they were kind of interchangeable." Joining Ball in the backfield are third-year pro Ronnie Hillman and second-year C.J. Anderson, who have one combined career touchdown run, along with undrafted free agents Juwan Thompson, Brennan Clay and Kapri Bibbs. This youth movement has forced Studesville to alter his coaching style. "You cant say this is a veteran guy whos seen this for six years, so he knows what this is. No. Weve got to talk about everything from Square 1," Studesville said. "And that makes it fun to go back to the beginning because now youve kind of got to defend all of your techniques and all your philosophies and everything. And its good for me. Its rejuvenated me as a coach in a lot of ways just because I love going back and teaching the basics." Notes: LB Von Miller (ACL) is increasing his workload at practice. "My knee is not my issue when Im out there," he said. "Its just connecting the mind with the body and getting that reaction time down." ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: republictailed
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2680 Themen und 2855 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen