nable before the game and took more than three quarters to find a

in Aktuelles 08.10.2019 08:21
von sakura698 • 300 Beiträge

WASHINGTON -- A slow start to the season turned into Washingtons best November in 29 years. Cheap Jerseys 2020 . John Wall had 26 points and 12 assists, Trevor Ariza scored 24 points and made five 3-pointers, and the Wizards beat the Atlanta Hawks 108-101 on Saturday night. The Wizards lost their first three games and seven of their first nine, but have now won six of their last eight. They won eight games in November for the first time since 1984. "This was a good month for us. It was a tough start to the month, to the season. We didnt want to get the start we had, but it happened," coach Randy Wittman said. Washington has played the last four games without starting guard Bradley Beal, hasnt had first-round draft choice Otto Porter at all, and still managed to nearly break even. Their 8-9 record isnt what they want it to be, but still makes the Wizards one of the better teams in the Eastern Conference. With the Hawks loss, there are just two teams in the conference with winning records. "I really dont want to look at it like that. I want to see how good we can be, but if you look at the conference, a lot of teams are kind of in the middle right now. Were trying to find ourselves as a team, trying to put it together. Hopefully we can get it going. I think we will," Atlanta centre Al Horford said. Martell Webster added 19 points for Washington and also had five 3-pointers. Nene, who returned after missing Fridays game at Indiana with a right Achilles tendon injury, had 13 points and 12 rebounds. Paul Millsap had 23 points and 10 rebounds for Atlanta, which cut an 18-point, third-quarter deficit to 81-79 with 9:42 left, but could not get closer. Horford added 16 points and Jeff Teague had 15 for the Hawks. Ariza scored eight points in the final 9:20 to help secure the win. "Were showing growth. Were showing maturity. I feel were ready to take the next step and become a playoff team," Ariza said. Washington got some of its roughest road games out of the way, losing to Oklahoma City, Dallas and San Antonio in a rough three-game trip. The Wizards also lost to Miami and Indiana on the road. "It wasnt the easiest schedule to start with. I think it might be a positive in the long run playing against some top quality teams on the road early in the season," Wittman said. Washington took the lead early in the first quarter and led 28-20 after one. Thanks to two 3-pointers late in the second quarter by Webster, the Wizards led 54-44 at halftime. Washington hit on five of its first six shots in the third quarter to take a 66-48 lead with 8:12 to play. The Hawks answered with an 11-0 run to cut the lead to 66-59 with 4:20 to play, and Washington led 79-70 after three. Wall had his first three games of 30-plus points from Nov. 22-26. He followed it with a 19-point performance on Wednesday at Milwaukee, but had a bad night against the Pacers on Friday, shooting just 4 for 14. Saturday night was much better. "When were healthy, I feel we can compete with anybody," Wall said. "We didnt panic because we knew what kind of team we had. We have a team thats capable of being in the playoffs," Wall said. NOTES: Atlanta G Kyle Korver missed his third straight game with a bruised rib. . G Lou Williams didnt play because Budenholzer has chosen not to use him in back-to-back games as he recovers from ACL surgery. . The Hawks next game is on Tuesday at San Antonio, where Budenholzer spent nearly 20 years as a video co-ordinator and assistant coach. "Im not allowed to look ahead. Youve allowed to ask, but I cant look ahead," Budenholzer said. "Tomorrow or the next day I can think about that, but right now Im thinking about Washington." . F Al Harrington missed his ninth straight game with a right knee injury. . Wittman and Budenholzer were each assessed a technical foul in the second quarter for arguing a foul call. Cheap Authentic Jerseys 2020 .com) - Jimmy Butler made four key free throws down the stretch to lift the Chicago Bulls over the Boston Celtics, 109-102, on Friday. Wholesale Jerseys Review . But its also a smart game. Theres more to the Kings than banging bodies. They take a toll mentally on their opponents. https://www.wholesalejerseysreview.com/ . His big 2-minute outburst in the fourth quarter Tuesday night is all that really mattered for the Dallas Mavericks.OAKLAND, Calif. - Golden State Warriors coach Steve Kerr saw the look in Stephen Currys eyes and the bounce in his step as he sprinted with the ball in transition.I was thinking, Dont call timeout, Kerr said.Good move, Coach.Curry made a go-ahead 3-pointer with 2.2 seconds remaining, sending the Warriors to a thrilling 98-97 win over the Orlando Magic on Tuesday night for their 10th straight win.I wanted to go to my left down the middle and go to the basket and maybe get fouled or something, but he kind of bit on the in-and-out move and I was able to get a rhythm shot in transition, Curry said.In the most dramatic finish to their streak, Curry lost Tobias Harris with some crafty dribbling before pulling up to swish the shot. Curry shook his shoulders and pounded his chest as the announced sellout crowd of 19,596 roared at noisy Oracle Arena.Its just kind of a rush that every player loves to experience, Curry said. Especially at home when youre able to do that and get a huge win, you remember those moments.Draymond Green, who sprained his right thumb in the first quarter, deflected Kyle OQuinns pass to Harris on Orlandos last possession to preserve Golden States streak.Curry finished with 22 points and five assists, and Klay Thompson scored 20 as the Warriors rallied from nine points down in the final four minutes.The Warriors (15-2) extended the best start in franchise history and moved within one game of matching the team record for consecutive victories set in the 1971-72 season. They have not lost since Nov. 11 to the defending champion San Antonio Spurs and are finding ways to win even when theyre not at their best.Thats what the good teams do, said Warriors centre Andrew Bogut, who had 12 rebounds, seven points and five blocks.Victor Oladipo scored 27 points, and OQuinn had 21 points and 11 rebounds in a stunning collapse for the young Magic. Orlando had lost four in a row before beating Phoenix on Sunday.Thats some of the best bassketball weve played all year and it comes out disappointing because Steph made a lot of tough shots, big-time shots, Harris said. Cheap NFL Jerseys 2020. In their first game home since a 5-0 road trip, the Warriors gave their fans quite a show in the closing minutes.Oladipos 3-pointer put the Magic up 93-84 with 4:11 left. But Curry came back with a 3, and Thompson connected on consecutive shots from beyond the arc to quickly tie the game.The teams traded scores and misses — with the Warriors clanking three 3s on one possession — before Harris banked in a running shot over Bogut, who couldnt finish an alley-oop from Curry on Golden States next time down.After Elfrid Paytons missed a difficult layup, Curry got the ball and raced down court for the tying shot from long range, where the Warriors had struggled most of the night. Golden State ended 8 for 27 from deep.Curry (sprained left ankle) and Thompson (bruised right quadriceps) were questionable before the game and took more than three quarters to find a rhythm. Both said they felt fine afterward.TIP-INSMagic: C Nikola Vucevic sat out with back spasms. He is questionable for Wednesdays game at the Los Angeles Clippers. ... Orlando has lost four in a row against the Warriors, dropping the season series for the second straight year.Warriors: F David Lee remains out indefinitely with a left hamstring injury. ... The Warriors are 7-0 against the Eastern Conference.GREENS FINGERThe Warriors survived a scare when Green tumbled into a row of photographers on the baseline following a missed layup in the opening minutes. The team said he sprained his right thumb and X-rays were negative. Green returned with his thumb and wrist taped. He finished with 11 points, seven rebounds and six assists — and the game-saving steal.QUOTE OF THE NIGHTThats why hes Steph Curry. — Kerr on the game-winning shot.UP NEXT:Magic: At the Los Angeles Clippers on Wednesday.Warriors: Host New Orleans on Thursday. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: republictailed
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2680 Themen und 2855 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen