bout it." Matt Dominguez had three hits and two RBIs for the Astros, who had won three of four. Dominguez and Chris Carter hit c

in Aktuelles 17.07.2018 08:39
von hfy962464 • 150 Beiträge

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. Victor Lindelof Jersey . -- The collision that knocked Aqib Talib out of the AFC championship game reverberated Monday when Patriots coach Bill Belichick said Wes Welker tried to "take out" the star cornerback. Belichick took the shot at his former wide receiver after viewing video of the second-quarter play in the Denver Broncos 26-16 win on Sunday. Coming from opposite sides, the players ran into each other. No penalty was called. It "was a deliberate play by the receiver to take out Aqib, no attempt to get open," Belichick said during his opening statement at his season-ending news conference. "Ill let the league handle the discipline on that play. Its not for me to decide, but its one of the worst plays Ive seen. Thats all Im going to say about that." NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said Monday, "If there is any discipline for plays in (Sundays) games, it will be determined by Merton Hanks later in the week." Hanks is the leagues vice-president of player operations. Welker, who had a cool relationship with Belichick before leaving New England as a free agent last off-season, was not available for comment Monday. But after the game, he said, "it was one of those plays where its kind of a rub play and I was trying to get him to go over the top, and I think he was thinking the same thing and wanted to come underneath and we just kind of collided. ... It wasnt a deal where I was trying to hit him or anything like that." After Talib left with a knee injury, Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning took advantage of having the much shorter Alfonzo Dennard covering receivers Talib normally would handle. The previous season, a thigh injury ended Talibs day in the first quarter of the AFC championship game, a 28-13 loss to Baltimore. Denver coach John Fox said he hadnt seen Belichicks comments but called Welker "a great player, high integrity. I can say that we were not doing anything with intent." Asked why he would send the 5-foot-9 Welker, 4 inches shorter, at Talib after sustaining two recent concussions, Fox said, "Thats a good question. I dont have an answer to it." But he and several Patriots said pick plays in which one receiver brushes against or hits a defender to free another receiver are becoming more prevalent. "Teams do a lot of that just to give guys separation and to open up the passing game," safety Devin McCourty said. Steve Gregory, New Englands other starting safety, said he didnt think Welker would deliberately try to hurt a player. "I dont think anybody plays that way," he said, "especially at this level of football with two great football teams in the Broncos and ourselves." Besides, Fox said, the Broncos werent the only team to run a pick play. "The umpires in that area. Its a pretty crowded area, so I think offences have tried to exploit that," he said. "Were not the only team, by any stretch. In fact, our opponent Sunday did the same thing." Welker, coming from the right, used his right arm to make contact with the left arm of Talib, who was running from the left to stay with his receiver. They collided a split-second before Mannings pass went off the hands of receiver Demaryius Thomas a few yards away. Patriots defensive end Andre Carter called it a "nasty" play. "Wes, was he doing his job? Im sure he was to a certain degree," Carter said. "(Do) I think the hit could have been cleaner? Yes." But Broncos tight end Julius Thomas was more concerned about preparing to face the Seattle Seahawks in the Super Bowl on Feb. 2 than about Belichicks comments. "The thoughts and feelings of opposing coaches definitely dont bother me," he said. "Were worried about whats happening this week." Sergio Romero Jersey . -- The Toronto Maple Leafs are tightening the race for second place in the Atlantic Division. Luke Shaw Jersey .com) - Mike Conley scored 20 points with five assists to help the Memphis Grizzlies remain unbeaten with a 91-89 win over the Oklahoma City Thunder on Friday. http://www.jerseymanchesterunitedsoccer.com/womens-juan-mata-manchester-united-jersey/ . But that changed when he committed a five-minute major penalty and helped pave the way for a comeback by the Philadelphia Flyers. Vincent Lecavalier scored at 2:45 of overtime and the Flyers rallied from a two-goal deficit for a 5-4 victory on Sunday.CHICAGO -- Jordan Danks and the Chicago White Sox are having a lot of fun these days. Its quite a change from a large chunk of the disappointing year. Danks hit a clutch two-run single in Chicagos three-run eighth inning, leading the White Sox to a 4-3 win over the Houston Astros on Tuesday night. Danks finished with a career-high three hits as the White Sox won for the ninth time in 11 games, bouncing back from a difficult loss in the series opener. Paul Konerko, Alexei Ramirez and Avisail Garcia had two hits apiece. "Its a lot of fun. It kind of reminds you of last year and how fun that was," said Danks, who extended his hitting streak to nine games. "Even though we didnt pull that out in the end it was a lot more loose and this is how we know how to play. "Obviously we havent done it the whole year but we know this is how we can play and were very excited about it." Matt Dominguez had three hits and two RBIs for the Astros, who had won three of four. Dominguez and Chris Carter hit consecutive two-out homers off closer Addison Reed to give Houston a 10-8 victory on Monday night. The Astros appeared to be headed to their second straight win over the White Sox before the rally in the eighth. With two outs and runners on first and second, Konerko singled in Jeff Keppinger to cut Houstons lead to 3-2. Garcias infield hit then loaded the bases for Danks, who put the White Sox in front with a single to centre off Erik Bedard (3-10). Reed then came in and worked the ninth for his 36th save in 41 tries. Robbie Grossman had a two-out double for his third hit, but Reed got L.J. Hoes to bounce out to shortstop to end the game. Donnie Veal (2-3) got one out for the win. "Winning is fun. I mean, any time were winning were having a good time," Reed said. "Things have been good around here lately." White Sox left-hander Jose Quintana allowed three runs and eight hits over 7 2-3 innings in his 16th no-decision, tops in the majors. "I felt great the past three starts," Quintana said through a translator. "The only thing I concentrate on is giving the team the opportunity to win and battling. And thats what weve been doing -- battling and fighting. Andreas Pereira Jersey. . I cant be happier to do that." Dominguez had an RBI double in the fourth and a run-scoring single in the sixth. Carter hit an RBI single off Jake Petricka in the eighth, making it 3-1. But Bedard, who was making his third relief appearance in 26 games this season, couldnt hold onto the lead. "I was actually trying to get him to go ahead and finish it," manager Bo Porter said. "Hes built up, hes been starting all year. And you look at where were with their lineup, with the number of lefties in it. Hes able to get lefties and righties out, you feel pretty good that Erik Bedard had the ball in that situation." Paul Clemens pitched six sharp innings for Houston in his first career start. The right-hander, who was recalled Tuesday from Triple-A Oklahoma City, allowed one run and four hits and was in line for the win. Clemens made his first 30 appearances of his rookie year out of the bullpen, compiling a 4-4 record and 6.36 ERA. Porter said Clemens will remain in the rotation for the rest of the season. "Its an honour, its a privilege," Clemens said. "Just got to continue to work." Thats what the White Sox are doing, albeit well too late to save their season. They managed to get back on track after a sloppy performance in the series opener. "It was different from last night," White Sox manager Robin Ventura said. "I think defensively and just decision-making was better tonight." NOTES: Grossman singled in the first to extend his hitting streak to 14 games. . INF Leury Garcia, acquired from Texas in the Alex Rios trade, made his first start for the White Sox, batting ninth and playing second base. Ventura said Garcia, who went 0 for 3, likely will start Wednesday at shortstop, giving Ramirez his first day off of the season. ... To make room for Clemens, the Astros optioned RHP David Martinez to Triple-A Oklahoma City. Martinez, who was 1-0 with a 5.86 ERA, pitched 2 2-3 innings for Mondays win. Porter said Martinez will return after the Triple-A playoffs. . Wednesdays pitching matchup is Houstons Jarred Cosart (1-1, 1.60 ERA) against Chris Sale (9-12, 3.08 ERA). Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Wholesale Authentic Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Wholesale China Jerseys Wholesale Wholesale NFL Jerseys Stitched NFL Jerseys China Womens NFL Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: republictailed
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2679 Themen und 2854 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen