ntanes and wore a large, blue elastic bandage on his lower back as a precaution. "The back, well, its bothering me a little," Na

in Aktuelles 23.07.2018 08:19
von hfy962464 • 150 Beiträge

RIO DE JANEIRO - Rafael Nadal showed no problem with his tender back in his second match since returning from the injury, defeating fellow Spaniard Albert Montanes 6-1, 6-2 to reach the quarterfinals of the Rio Open on Thursday. Derrick Nnadi Chiefs Jersey . The No. 1-ranked Nadal tweaked his back warming up for the Australian Open final, which he lost almost four weeks ago in a major upset against Stanislas Wawrinka. His first stop after the layoff is the clay in Rio as he tests the back and tries to stay healthy for the French Open in three months. A year ago he used the Latin American swing to test his recovery from an injured left knee. Nadal seemed to move freely against Montanes and wore a large, blue elastic bandage on his lower back as a precaution. "The back, well, its bothering me a little," Nadal said. "Right now its not hurting my game, but Im serving a little more gently than Im used to doing." Nadal said he pushed his recovery "a little bit" to play in Rio, after pulling out of the tournament the week before in Buenos Aires. "I am here and very happy being here," he said. "When you get an injury in the final of a Grand Slam, and you stop (playing/practicing) for 2 1/2 weeks, the comeback is not easy." Asked if nagging injuries might force an early retirement, the 27-year-old joked a bit before getting serious. "I cant predict the future, but my intention is to play many years," he said. In the other key mens match, third-seeded Fabio Fognini reached the last eight beating Pablo Cuevas of Uruguay 7-6 (1), 4-6, 6-3. Second-seeded David Ferrer advanced on Wednesday. Alexandr Dolgopolov of Ukraine advanced to his second quarterfinals of the year, beating Facundo Bagnis of Argentina 6-7 (4), 6-2, 7-6 (4). Dolgopolov said he hadnt considered leaving the tournament to return to his Kyiv birthplace, where more than 100 people have died in anti-government protests this week. Government snipers killed at least 70 on Thursday. "Its sad. I cant do much, but just support," he said. "Whoever is right doesnt matter now when people are dying." Dolgopolov, who lives in the wealthy European enclave of Monte Carlo, said he was lucky to have the chance to make money playing tennis. "Obviously I would like the people in the (Ukraine) to feel better. If I could, I would change that," he said. On the womens side of the combined ATP-WTA event, fifth-seeded Kurumi Nara of Japan and Lourdes Dominguez Lino of Spain set up a quarterfinal matchup after second-round wins. Nara defeated Anna-Lena Friedsam of Germany 6-0, 7-6 (3), and was in sight of her first WTA semifinals. Dominguez Lino beat Chanelle Scheepers of South Africa 2-6, 7-6 (7), 6-1. Nara said she likes the hot weather in Rio and is getting used to the clay. "Now I like the clay court," she said. "Last year, I didnt like it." Irina-Camelia Begu of Romania also made the last eight, as did Brazils Teliana Pereira. She is the first Brazilian woman in 23 years to crack the WTAs top 100. The last was Andrea Vieira. Brazils most famous womens player is Maria Bueno, who won seven Grand Slams singles titles, the last at the US Open in 1966. Kendall Fuller Chiefs Jersey . TSN Hockey Insider Bob McKenzie tweeted Monday morning that Callahan - who is set to become an unrestricted free agent this summer, is now open to a six-year contract at less than $7 million per season. Stefan Charles Chiefs Jersey . According to a report from ESPN, Lynch wants a new contract from the Seahawks, and will likely skip all off-season workouts until he can renegotiate his deal with the Seahawks. http://www.prochiefsauthentic.com/Youth-Dorian-ODaniel-Elite-Jersey/ .Y. - Alex Smith and the Kansas City Chiefs didnt flinch in the face of adversity.The Boston Bruins will be looking to even things up again tonight when they take on the Montreal Canadiens in Game 4 of their Eastern Conference second round series at the Bell Centre. Follow it live on TSN Radio 690 at 7:30pm et/4:30pm pt or live on TSN.ca/Montreal. With opportunistic scoring and stellar goaltending, the Canadiens have a 2-1 series edge after a 4-2 victory over their hated rivals in front of 21,273 raucous fans on Tuesday night. P.K. Subban and Dale Weise scored on breakaways and Carey Price stopped 26 shots for Montreal, who made a two-goal advantage stand up for the first time all series. The Habs were up 2-0 in Game 1, blew it but won in double overtime, then squandered a 3-1 edge late in a 5-3 defeat in Game 2. Things were different on Tuesday, however, and the Habs can gain a stranglehold on the defending Eastern Conference champions with another home win. "You can truly dissect it and you can get into all the details, and you can say, Well, this detail wasnt taken care of," Bruins GM Peter Chiarelli told reporters in Brossard on Wednesday. "Its a game of inches. You can dissect the other teams game and you could say the same thing. "At the end of the day, they scored more goals than we did and we lost. But its a game of inches and we have to be better at it. And were good at that. I think were a good team, we break out well. I think our neutral zone is good, I think our forecheck is good. It wasnt as good as it should be, but that happens. Its a long series, and well see where it goes." The Bruins may be making soome lineup changes to spark things up for tonights all-important game. Breeland Speaks Jersey. The lines at the morning skate had Patrice Bergeron centring Milan Lucic and Loui Eriksson, David Krejci between Daniel Paille and Reilly Smith and Gregory Campbell on a line with Brad Marchand and Jarome Iginla. Also, Carl Soderberg was not on the ice but Bruins head coach Claude Julien said he would be available for tonights game. When asked about the new line combinations, Julien responded, "It gives (the media) something to write about so you dont get bored." The team recalled big, physical winger Matt Fraser from Providence on Thursday morning and sent Justin Florek back down. The 61, 200 lb forward played in 14 games this season with the Bruins scoring two goals and tallying two fights during his NHL stint. He also scored 20 goals and 30 points in 44 regular-season games with Providence. The Canadiens are expected to put out the same lineup that won Game 3, with Douglas Murray remaining on the blue line alongside Mike Weaver and Travis Moen up front in place of Brandon Prust. Bruins Practice lines vs. Canadiens Forwards:Lucic - Bergeron - ErikssonPaille - Krejci - SmithMarchand - Campbell - IginlaFraser - Caron - Thornton Canadiens Projected Game 4 lines vs. Bruins Forwards:Pacioretty - Desharnais - GallagherBournival - Plekanec - VanekBourque - Eller - GiontaMoen - Brière - Weise Defencemen:Gorges - SubbanMarkov - EmelinMurray - Weaver Goaltenders:PriceBudaj Jerseys NFL Cheap Wholesale Jerseys China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Camo Cheap NFL T-shirts Cheap NFL Black Jerseys Cheap Jerseys 2020 ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: republictailed
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2679 Themen und 2854 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen