option for the fifth year of his contract. "It kind of surprised me,"

in Aktuelles 23.07.2018 08:46
von hfy962464 • 150 Beiträge

ALLEN PARK, Mich. Mike Bibby Jersey . - Detroit Lions defensive tackle Nick Fairley is fired up to prove what hes worth. Fairley told reporters Tuesday the team informed him this off-season that it was not picking up the 2015 option in his contract. "It motivates me," he said. Fairley recalled working out in Houston when Lions general manager Martin Mayhew called him about the decision on the $5.5 million option for the fifth year of his contract. "It kind of surprised me," Fairley recalled. Fairley said after calling his agent and having dinner with him, his mind was changed because he can get a new contract. "We kind of came to agreement that it was good for both sides," he said. Detroit drafted Fairley out of Auburn with the No. 13 overall pick in 2011 and he has struggled to sustain success in part because of his fluctuating weight. Fairley acknowledged playing too heavy last season while weighing as much as 320 pounds. "I didnt feel comfortable with myself, my body, and how I was getting tired," he recalled. "I just felt like if I got down to a lighter weight, I would be leaner, meaner and ready to go." Fairley said he has lost about 30 pounds, getting down to about 290 pounds. He started eating more baked chicken and grilled fish, cutting out his habit of eating fast food three days a week. "He looks good," defensive co-ordinator Teryl Austin said. "Hes lost a lot of weight. I think the key will be when he leaves here and then when he comes back in camp if hes still in that great shape with his weight down. Its going to be great for us." Fairley was limited during Wednesdays practice because he is still recovering from surgery to treat sleep apnea, but expects to be "full go," at next weeks mandatory minicamp. He had career highs with six sacks and two fumble recoveries in 2013 while playing next to Ndamukong Suh, who is also entering the last year of his contract. "Were just hoping that we get a big year out of (Fairley)," Austin said. "I think he wants to have a big year as well." Fairley was up for talking about a lot of topics and shied away from only one question, choosing his words carefully when a reporter asked him asked him about becoming a free agent after next season. "Well just have to wait and see," he said. NOTES: NASCAR driver Joey Logano attended practice to promote next weeks race at Michigan International Speedway. After the practice, he caught passes from and threw to the football to quarterback Matthew Stafford. Logano said drivers are like quarterbacks and a crew chief is like a coach, joking there would be only one place for his 6-foot-3, 175-pound body in football. "Id be on the bench," Logano said. ... The Lions will have a three-day mandatory minicamp next week before taking more than a month off before training camp begins. ___ Online: AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP_NFL ___ Follow Larry Lage on Twitter at www.Twitter.com/larrylage Custom Memphis Grizzlies Jerseys . -- The defending Canadian womens curling champions squandered an opportunity to take sole possession of first place in the standings Tuesday at the Scotties Tournament of Hearts. Allen Iverson Jersey .Just like old times.Only this time, just one got to enjoy a victory.James return to Miami as an opponent was a success — for the Heat, that is. Wade scored 24 of his 31 points in the first half, Luol Deng had 25 points and dogged James defensively all night, and the Heat beat the Cleveland Cavaliers 101-91 in a hyped Christmas matchup Thursday. http://www.basketballgrizzliesshop.com/Cheap-Wade-Baldwin-Grizzlies-Jersey/ . -- Sami Salo joked that as the shootout went on and on, one thing went through his mind: "Youve got to tie up your skates.(SportsNetwork.com) - Dave Cameron will begin his career as an NHL head coach against some stiff competition when his Ottawa Senators host the Los Angeles Kings in Thursdays clash at Canadian Tire Centre. Cameron was hired to replace Paul MacLean on Monday when the latter man was fired by the Senators after three-plus seasons behind the bench. MacLean won the Jack Adams Trophy after the 2012-13 campaign, but Ottawa missed the playoffs last season and is just 11-11-5 in 2014-15. An assistant coach under MacLean, Cameron will make his NHL head coaching debut tonight against the defending Stanley Cup champions. In addition to winning two of the last three Stanley Cups, the Kings also have owned Ottawa in recent years. The Sens are just 2-9-2 with a tie over the past 14 meetings against Los Angeles and the Kings have claimed five of the past seven encounters in Canadas capital city. MacLean led Ottawa to only two wins over his last nine games, but his final effort behind the Sens bench did result in Sundays comeback win against Vancouver. Ottawa trailed 3-0 in the early going against the visiting Canucks, but wound up winning 4-3 in overtime. Erik Karlsson netted the game-winning goal for Ottawa 1:21 into the extra session. Mika Zibanejad, who finished with two goals and two assists, dropped a pass back to Karlsson in the slot and the Ottawa captain beat a screened Eddie Lack with a wrister for the win. We didnt start the game very well, Karlsson said. Vancouver was more on their toes. After that, I thought we took over and we controlled the game. We created a lot of good scoring chances which we just didnt score on. By the end, we deserved to get the two points. David Legwand also scored for the Sens and Bobby Ryan recorded three assists. Craig Anderson made 30 saves for the Senators, who halted a five-game skid. Leggwands power-play tally sparked the comeback, cutting the deficit to 3-1 with 9:07 left in the second period. Chandler Parsons Jersey. Zibanejad then scored twice before the end of the second period to even the contest by the end of 40 minutes. Ottawa improved to 6-3-3 as the host with Sundays win. After tonight, the Sens will play three straight and five of their next six games on the road. The Kings, meanwhile, are hoping to halt a two-game slide when they play the second test of a five-game road trip tonight. L.A. has lost its last two in regulation, dropping a 2-1 home decision Saturday against Philadelphia before losing 1-0 Tuesday night in Buffalo. Tyler Ennis third-period goal proved to be the difference in the Sabres close win over Los Angeles. Ennis scored the lone goal of the game on the power play early in the final stanza, beating Jonathan Quick from in front four minutes into the third. Los Angeles has not won in Buffalo since Feb. 21, 2003 and fell to 3-5-4 overall on the road this season. The Kings outshot Buffalo by a 34-16 margin, but Sabres netminder Jhonas Enroth prevented the visitors from scoring. L.A. has managed only eight goals over the last five games and is averaging just 2.54 goals per game this season. We have to score goals. Were not scoring enough, said Kings defenseman Drew Doughty. The bottom line is we need to put pucks in the net. Quick stopped 15 shots in Tuesdays loss and is expected to start tonight. He is 4-1-0 with a 2.01 goals against average in his career versus the Senators. Anderson will start for Ottawa and he is just 1-6-4 with a 3.80 GAA against L.A. The Kings will continue their road trip with Fridays game against Montreal. Ottawa played Sunday without forward Milan Michalek (upper body) or defenseman Marc Methot (back). Both players are questionable for tonight. Jerseys NFL Cheap Wholesale Jerseys China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Camo Cheap NFL T-shirts Cheap NFL Black Jerseys Cheap Jerseys 2020 ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: republictailed
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2680 Themen und 2855 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen