he bench. Great for clubhouse chemistry. In publicly slaggin

in Aktuelles 30.09.2019 08:43
von sakura698 • 300 Beiträge

VANCOUVER -- The Vancouver Canucks season-long six-game homestand started with a gut-punching overtime loss. Nike Air Vapormax Outlet . It ended the exact same way. Mike Richards scored late in regulation before Anze Kopitar buried the winner 48 seconds into the extra period Monday as the Los Angeles Kings came back to stun the Vancouver Canucks 3-2. The Canucks gave up a late goal in regulation in losing to 2-1 to the San Jose Sharks to kick off their homestand on Nov. 17, and a similar script played out against Los Angeles (16-6-3), with Richards scoring with 2:56 left to force OT. "A couple mistakes are costing us," said Canucks captain Henrik Sedin, who gave his team a 2-1 lead in the third period before the wheels fell off. "Were playing so well defensively throughout the game and it seems like every time something late in games is costing us goals. Its extremely tough to take." The Canucks have lost seven of their last eight, scoring just nine goals total in those defeats. They finished their homestand with an ugly 1-2-3 record, with the only victory coming in a 6-2 victory over the Columbus Blue Jackets. "Were really sticking together as a group and thats all you can ask for," said Sedin. "We should have had two points, but again were standing here talking about a loss." Vancouver (12-9-5) is now 0-9-4 when scoring two goals or less and fell to 1-4-3 versus Pacific Division rivals this season. After Richards took a feed from Jeff Carter to tie the score with his sixth of the season, Kopitar beat Luongo upstairs for his seventh of the campaign as the Kings picked up at least a point for a 10th straight game (7-0-3). "Weve just gotta scrape and claw for points, and thats what we did tonight," said Richards. "It wasnt the prettiest on our part. We took too many penalties, and we turned some pucks over, but two points is what we wanted." Kyle Clifford also scored for Los Angeles, which got 37 saves from Ben Scrivens. "Its a big goal to force it to overtime, and any time you can take it to overtime you give yourself a chance," said Scrivens. "Well take the two points." Chris Tanev had the other goal for Vancouver, which dominated the Northwest Division for years but is finding re-aligment to be a much tougher test. "Its a 60-minute game," said Luongo, who finished with 19 saves. "We did some good things, especially in the second half of that game, but obviously we fell short again." Despite the loss, Canucks head coach John Tortorella continued to stress the positives as his team continues to struggle to get results under his new puck-pressure system. "Im very excited about some of the things that happened tonight. You may call me crazy, but I am," said Tortorella. "Weve just got to keep banging away and work on some details of the game, understand situational play and keep working at this." Vancouvers 28th-ranked power play was a miserable 0 for 7 on the night before Sedin beat Scrivens with a quick shot on the Canucks eighth man advantage to snap a 1-1 tie at 6:59. Down 1-0 after the first period, Vancouver found some life after Sedin took a big hit from Jordan Nolan midway through the second. Sedin stayed down for a moment but didnt miss a shift. The play woke the Canucks up and they started to take the body more, with Ryan Stanton eventually dropping the gloves with Nolan. "I thought we took the game over after the hit with Henrik," said Tortorella. "I thought we were acting properly as a team and took the game over, scored on a power play, did all the right things. "We didnt finish the game. Need to finish the game." After Vancouver killed off a penalty from the scrum that accompanied that fight, Tanev fired a harmless looking shot from the point that Scrivens could only get a piece of to tie the score with his first of the season at 17:04. The Canucks had plenty of opportunities with the man advantage earlier in the period -- including a 5-on-3 and two short 4-on-3s -- but the disjointed unit continued to struggle. Another Kings penalty late in the period gave the Canucks another chance. But Scrivens, who has been stellar in place of injured Kings starter Jonathan Quick, was there to shut the door when called upon as Vancouver outshot L.A. 13-2. After the Canucks gave up a number of odd-man rushes in Saturdays 2-1 loss to the Chicago Blackhawks, including Marcus Krugers winner in the third period, the Kings opened the scoring Monday on their third 2-on-1 of the night at 13:50 of the first period. With both fourth lines on the ice, feathered a pass to Clifford, who made a nice backhand move to beat a sprawling Luongo for his second goal of the season. The Canucks now hit the road for four games, starting with a game against the Ottawa Senators on Thursday night. "Part of my job is to make sure that the psyche of the hockey club, in these types situations, stays solid," said Tortorella. "I trust the group. I do. I think the players understand how we want to play, our concept. "Weve gone through a lot crap here, as far as things going wrong at certain times but I think theyve handled themselves well and were just going to stay with them and keep on working at it." Notes: Vancouvers Daniel Sedin lost a tooth to a high stick early in the second period. ... Tanev now has three goals in 118 career games. ... Quick injured his groin on Nov. 12 and is expected to be out until late December. ... Carter returned to the lineup after missing 10 games with a foot injury. ... Canucks forward David Booth returned to the lineup after sitting out the last three games as a healthy scratch. ... Monday was the second of five meetings between the two teams this season. The Kings down the Canucks 5-1 at Staples Center on Nov. 9. ... The Kings visit the San Jose Sharks on Wednesday. Wholesale Nike Air Vapormax . Jagr had a goal and two assists, Andy Greene scored 43 seconds into overtime and Marek Zidlicky had two goals as the Devils rallied past the Washington Capitals 5-4 Saturday night. Discount Nike Air Vapormax . Arsenal had already scored its goals in the third round fixture when the fierce rivalry turned ugly in the final ten minutes as Walcott was being carried off on a stretcher. https://www.fakevapormaxwholesale.com/ . TSN Hockey Insider Bob McKenzie tweeted Monday morning that Callahan - who is set to become an unrestricted free agent this summer, is now open to a six-year contract at less than $7 million per season.Each week, The Reporters put their thumbs out to the good and the bad in the world of sports. This week, they discuss the American support of the World Cup, the passivity of NHL GMs, the clubhouse issues of Bryce Harper, and the career of the retired Alex Kovalev. Bruce Arthur, Toronto Star: My thumb is up to American soccer fans, who have been much maligned over the years. Americans dont like soccer, people say - the same people, of course, year after year. Too little scoring, too much diving, too many ties, blah blah blah. Americans, the laziest critics have said for years, are too good for soccer. That typically mindless braying resurfaced during this World Cup, but a funny thing happened: it was overwhelmed by a tidal wave of support, of enjoyment, of commitment to a U.S. team that didnt have the most talent, but that rewarded its fans with everything it had. TV ratings? Through the roof. Online support? Inescapable. Americans embraced soccer, and it was so much fun. If they cant accept the metric system, they can at least love this. Steve Simmons, Sun Media: My thumb is down to the passivity of NHL general managers, who are sometimes too polite for their own good. The GMs missed out on the opportunity to make an offer to restricted free agent PK Subban and now that Subban has filed for arbitration, his rights are protected by Montreal for the coming season. But if Im a GM, I would have made a monstrous offer to Subban, more than $10 million a year, and not just because he was the only game changing player available. I look at this two ways. If I throw huge money at Subban, I have a shot to get him - albeit its a long shot. And if Montreal matches, which is usually the way these things go, then Im meessing up their payroll. Fake Nike Air Vapormax. Either way, I have nothing to lose. Even if the GMs dont agree. Michael Farber, Sports Illustrated: My thumb is down to Nationals outfielder Bryce Harper, for more unwelcome Washington punditry. After missing 57 games following thumb surgery, the uber-talented 21-year-old returned this week full of enthusiasm and suggestions. He critiqued the batting order - he was hitting sixth - and, more tellingly, the personnel. Harper was in left field, not his preferred position of centre, implying that Denard Span, the Nats centre fielder, should have been on the bench. Great for clubhouse chemistry. In publicly slagging first-year manager Matt Williams lineup, the prodigy wasnt breaking one of baseballs murky unwritten rules. He was violating basic workplace etiquette. Everyone has bosses and co-workers, even Harper, the young and the restless. Dave Hodge, TSN: And my thumb is sideways - thats right sideways - to the hockey career of Alex Kovalev, who announced his retirement this week at age 41 after playing last season in Switzerland. Why is my thumb sideways? Well, because like a lot of people, I cant decide whether Kovalev had a great career or is one of the great underachievers in the sport of hockey. The term enigma is thrown around too loosely in sports, especially at Russian hockey players. But how else to describe a player would could appear to be the most talented of any in one game, and then invisible the next, a pattern that existed throughout his career. Fans and even Kovalevs teammates used to debate how hard he was trying on any given night. Which, more than anything he accomplished on the ice … seems destined to be what we remember about him most. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: republictailed
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2680 Themen und 2855 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen